Monday, April 18, 2016

evening skincare routine for your 20s


skincare in your 20s


I needed a skincare routine. My skin was dull, and dry. My foundation crumpled off in tiny flakes on my dry skin every afternoon. I went to the makeup counter to find a foundation that didn't sit on my dry spots and instead one of the ladies was like "why don't you just fix your dry spots?" Although I don't recommend listening to everything makeup counter ladies have to say about skincare (they all believe their products are the best) - she had a great point .

I did a lot (A LOT) of research on choosing the right products for my age and choosing products that aren't full of chemicals that are expensive and do nothing. (Don't waste money on stuff that won't work or that you don't need yet in your 20s- also I hate being tricked) The products I chose have ingredients that have been tested multiple times in double or triple blind randomized controlled trials in the literature that was not payed for by the companies making the products (if that means anything to you, you biostatistics nerds). I think it's fun doing this type of consumer research - that's why I spent so much time doing it.  It's also tricky because some companies don't have "enough" of these active ingredients to actually be beneficial, like if they put .000001% in it or something.

I never believe claims I see on fancy expensive beauty products without reading the ingredient list and dissecting each individual ingredient. For example, if I see a silicone chemical as one of the top five ingredients on the label then no thanks. It's a cheap easy way to fill in fine lines but I don't think it's so that great for your overall health of your skin (I can write a different post about that) and companies can overprice it if you don't know what you're doing as a consumer.

skincare routine 25
<<if you click on the pictures they are less blurry - idk why it's like this>>

Wash 
Every night I wash my face with this soap found at Target, Walmart, or drugstore. Every 2-3 nights I'll use the Clarisonic (Got it last year, used it wrong so I hated it, now I love it) with this head (nonirritating and soft). The Vanicream soap is a very gentle cleanser with great make-up removing power. 

You will need some sort of moisturizer after cleansing to replenish that oil you scrubbed off (if you don't your body will over produce oil and you could get pimples) - I use a moisturizer with antioxidants described below. 

Tretinoin Cream
Thirty minutes after I wash I'll put on Tretinoin Cream (generic for Retin-A) (this is for my acne, I've been using it off and on for a year or two ...but I also use it for slowing my wrinkle fine line progression). I'll put this on now every 2-3 nights. You can read more about the many benefits of this ingredient from a dermatologist here. It's basically magic for the skin but if not used correctly (or wrong concentration doses at prescription strength) it can cause a lot of irritation. So put it on at night and WAIT 30 min after washing to prevent red irritation - you will hate it if you don't wait.

 My Tretinoin Cream is from a prescription, but over the counter retinol options exist at drug stores. It definitely doesn't need to be expensive like so many are. (I like the prescription because it's regulated and I know exactly what's in it -- it was less than $20 with my insurance) I'm sure you could ask your doctor about it at your next annual physical exam to see what she or he thinks if you are interested. 

Serum or Moisturizer with antioxidants - very important!
Antioxidants go around and stop the things causing damage to your body (free radicals) from causing any damage. On your face, the damage will eventually equal wrinkles, sagging skin, brown spots years down the road. They aren't miracle workers, but if you just find a moisturizer that has them in it - you can kill two birds with one stone and delay some of that damage by stopping some of the causes in their tracks. They're proven to work and MANY products contain antioxidants.

Antioxidants you might see on products:  Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Green Tea, beta carotene, CoQ etc.
They are also in vegetables and berries - go make a smoothie.

Don't get tricked: packaging of antioxidants is important for them to remain active. They are inactivated by light and by air. So don't buy them in a "tub" or "jar", buy them in a container with a pump and something that isn't see-through or clear. Numerous studies have proven this as true, don't waste your money buying the "antioxidants" if they won't work!

The serum that's transformed my skin to whiter, brighter, clearer, NO DRY, and glowy-er skin is the Chanel Hydra Beauty MicroSerum loved by me for its hydration + antioxidants + anti inflammatory (for the pink tint I used to always have to cover with makeup).  It will last 5-6 months at 1-2 pumps per day if you are skeptical about the value. (I got it January and it was half gone at the beginning of April) It smells like heaven and Chanel's main claim is that it's immensely hydrating. When you put it on you definitely notice it plumps your fine lines and feels like a baby, especially when you wake up in the morning! I only use it at night, it claims to last 24 hours and I agree it does.  I love it! (No antiaging - I think it's great for your twenties if you have DRY skin - it may make oily skin pimple-y I've read reviews of that.) 

This serum I use is see through (which I said is bad)...I store it in the box and in a drawer in my nightstand and only take it out at night when it's dark. .

Science: The studies I found through Pubmed of the 2-3 main ingredients in that Chanel product show that they bind matrix malleoproteinases, are antioxidants, stimulate collagen production, decrease inflammation by decreasing production of TNF-alpha, inhibit COX1 and 2, inhibit iNOS and NO mediated inflammation response, inhibit excess melanin production, suppress free radical generation, anticarcinogenic (ginger), sodium hyaluronate (for moisture and it has better skin availability than hyaluronic acid).  

(Jake likes this antioxidant/sunscreen/moisturizer every morning )

I have been using this Citrix Vitamin C  antioxidant eye cream nightly for about 5 months. Eye cream in general is controversial amongst the experts (some say use your face cream on your eyes and that it doesn't matter, others disagree).  This one has Vit C and green tea (antioxidants) and then is a nice moisturizer. It doesn't have anti-wrinkle or anything - if you are older then 30 (35?) you may want something with more ingredients. If you're younger this works great.

Extra Moisture
I put some sort of extra moisture around my mouth in the morning and night to keep it moisturized and slow down these from forming. I use regular lotion or that Nivea Cream in the picture.

Bonus - Moisture Mask
I bought that Peter Thomas Roth Blue Marine Algea mask last winter(?) for dryness with some Sephora credit and still use occasionally. It has some good antioxidants and the seaweed is a nice barrier to keep moisture in for a long time. It has ingredients "scavenged from Arctic Glatial Ice" -- whatever that means.  I'm pretty sure all of PTR's masks are great.  I haven't needed to use it much since my new skin care routine fixed all my dry problems though. I like it on Sunday nights the most after a long weekend.  


In summary: wash daily, moisturize daily, antioxidant daily + morning sunscreen daily

*don't forget to subscribe by e-mail on the right to not miss a post*

12 comments :

  1. They're proven to work and MANY products contain antioxidants.her explanation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved as a favorite, I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. who won't love such posts? thanks for sharing it, if one gets into such routine he/she won't have any skin related issues. saving it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be great to read more concerning that blog..!Thank you for posting this blog.
    gclub
    โกลเด้นสล็อต
    gclub

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent website you have here: so much cool information!.. facial wand for wrinkles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible post! I am really getting prepared to over this data, is exceptionally useful my companion. Likewise extraordinary blog here with the majority of the significant data you have. I am sharing related topic which is most important on Apple Gift Card

    ReplyDelete
  7. The World Series 2019 Live Stream and a clear goat (the Dodgers’ Yu Darvish, who lost twice with a 21.60 earned run average).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only time will tell which sides make it to Super Bowl LIV, but you can keep track of the action using our fixture guide for UK fans, including how to watch every game on TV and Super Bowl 2020 Live Stream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oscars Big Insider If they started taking notice by watching the Globes,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pussy888 ทำเงินง่าย มั่งคั่งไวกับเกม pussy888ออนไลน์
    Pussy888 กับเว็บเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่กำลังนิยมอย่างยิ่งกับบรรดาผู้ที่อยากหารายได้จากการเล่นเกมกล้วยๆโดยเฉพาะอย่างยิ่งเกม pussy888ออนไลน์ เป็นเกมที่มีกฎข้อตกลงขั้นตอนการเล่นง่ายอย่างยิ่ง มือใหม่ก็สามารถเล่นทำเงินได้ แต่ว่าเวลานี้มีผู้ให้บริการเกม pussy888อยู่เยอะมากจนกระทั่งกำเนิดเป็นปัญหาว่าเล่น pussy888เว็บไซต์ไหนดี ด้วยเหตุดังกล่าวกลเม็ดตั้งแต่นี้ต่อไปเป็นวิธีการเลือกผู้ให้บริการเกม pussy888ออนไลน์รวมทั้งคาสิโนออนไลน์ให้คุ้มที่สุด

    เล่น pussy888กับทาง Pussy888 มีคุณลักษณะเด่นยังไง
    สำหรับในการเลือกเล่นเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์หรือเกม pussy888นั้นจำเป็นต้องเลือกจากผู้ให้บริการที่โด่งดังและก็ประสิทธิภาพสูงอันดับหนึ่งของประเทศอย่างเครือของผู้ให้บริการที่กำลังเดินทางมาแรงแล้วก็เป็นที่นิยมสูงตอนนี้อย่าง Pussy888 เป็นผู้ให้บริการเว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่นักพนันทั้งประเทศให้การตอบรับอย่างดีเยี่ยมแล้วก็ขึ้นชื่อว่าเป็นแหล่งเก็บรวบรวมเกมทุกแบบไว้ให้สมาชิกผู้เล่นได้เลือกเล่นกันตามความชื่นชอบรวมทั้งความชำนาญ รวมทั้งการให้โปรโมชั่น สิทธิพิเศษต่างๆแก่สมาชิก ยิ่งในประเด็นการแจกเครดิตฟรีนั้น ยิ่งคุ้มกับการเป็นพวกด้วยเหตุว่าทาง Pussy888 สามารถแจกให้สมาชิกใหม่ได้สูงสุดถึง 100 % ของจำนวนเงินฝากเข้า พร้อมมีกิจกรรมแจกเงินรางวัลสำหรับสมาชิกที่ร่วมเล่นกิจกรรมผ่านหน้าเว็บของทางผู้ให้บริการอีกด้วย เพราะเหตุว่าเครดิตหรือเงินที่ได้รับมานี้จะช่วยทำให้ผู้เล่นสามารถนำไปลงพนันเพื่อได้กำไรได้อีกเป็นอันมากฉะนั้นการเลือกเว็บก่อนที่จะมีการเริ่มพนันได้กำไรก็ควรทำการศึกษาเรียนรู้และทำการค้นคว้าผู้ให้บริการให้ถี่ถ้วนและก็เลือกที่คุ้มสามารถเชื่อใจได้ก็เลยจะมีคุณประโยชน์สูงสุดต่อผู้เล่น

    สำหรับการเลือกเว็บผู้ให้บริการเกม pussy888ออนไลน์และก็เกมการเดิมพันออนไลน์กับคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่ครบวงจรนั้น พูดได้ว่าหาที่เพอร์เฟ็คค่อนข้างจะยาก แม้กระนั้นหากเอ๋ยถึงเว็บยอดฮิตชั้นต้นของประเทศจำเป็นต้องชูให้กับ Pussy888 ที่เป็นเครือเว็บผู้ให้บริการด้านนี้และก็ได้สะสมเกมไว้เยอะที่สุด พร้อมกับให้สิทธิพิเศษรวมทั้งโปรโมชั่นต่างๆกับสมาชิกอีกทั้งการแจกเครดิตฟรีพอๆกับจำนวนเงินฝากเข้า การคืนยอดเสียให้กับสมาชิกสูงสุดกว่า 20 % ไปจนกระทั่งโบนัสกิจกรรมแจกเงินหรือรถยนต์แล้วก็ผลิตภัณฑ์ฯลฯให้กับสมาชิกที่เอาอย่างข้อตกลงกิจกรรม พร้อมบริการฝากถอนที่เร็วทำรายการได้อัตโนมัติไม่ต้องผ่านแอดไม่นตลอด 1 วัน

    สำหรับการเลือกเว็บสำหรับเล่นเกมคาสิโนออนไลน์ก็ไม่ใช่เรื่องยากอีกต่อไป หากเป็นผู้เล่นใหม่ต้องการเสนอแนะให้ทดสอบเป็นพวกกับผู้ให้บริการอันดับแรกๆของประเทศอย่าง Pussy888 ดูซิ ถ้าเกิดพอใจก็สามารถขยายไปเปิดบัญชีสมาชิกกับเว็บไซต์ร่วมอื่นๆภายใต้เครือผู้ให้บริการเดียวกันได้เพื่อเล่นเกมพนันแบบต่างๆถ้าผู้ใดกันที่พอใจสามารถลงทะเบียนเป็นสมาชิกได้ทางหน้าเว็บหรือทางไลน์กับคอลเซ็นเตอร์ตลอด 1 วัน
    pussy888

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent post! We will be linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the good writing. Also visit my web page Psn Codes Generator

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished