Friday, January 3, 2014

2014

I can't believe it's already  2014. 
College went by twice as fast as high school.
Here I am celebrating the end of 2013:



and here I am celebrating the end of college:


Reality: I didn't want either to end. Now that I've turned the ripe old age of 21, I just want everything to stay the way it is. 

Yeah, flash forward 10 years and Jake and I will hopefully have a happy family, fulfilling careers, and more responsibilities. To have all that though, we both have a lot of work to do! From now until then we will be working on our marriage, growing closer to God, Jake will be working and learning what it takes to be a dedicated and successful auditor for his firm, and I will be learning as much as I can about how to be a doctor ( I don't even know what that means). 

It's scary but at the same time exciting. We will be busier than we ever have been, and we will have to work much harder than we ever have. We don't know what our lives will look like ten years from now, but we both understand how important these next few years are to determining that. 2014 is just the beginning for us. 

To those of you wondering what I'll be up to this semester, I'll still be working as a supervisor for a  before and after school program at an elementary school here in Lincoln. I also decided to take on a second job at a daycare about a mile away from my apartment to earn some extra money to save. 

Jake will be finishing up with his Master's degree, and we'll begin apartment hunting in Omaha in the next few months. 



P.S. I have some fun projects from break but I can't post everything right now so stay tuned.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished