Thursday, February 13, 2014

crayon hearts



I have always loved the idea of heart-shaped crayon valentines. And as I was thinking about what to give my three-year-olds at daycare, I knew this would be perfect. (I knew they wouldn’t need any more sugar – That’s for sure!)

Mom gave these out last year to her 1st graders so I was lucky enough to be able to use some of her old crayons and the mold that she had!

I thought the toughest part would be peeling the crayon wrappers off, but they came right off once I slid a razor down the side of them. That was probably my favorite part of making these.



After the crayons were peeled, I sorted them into color families and started to break them apart. I found it was easiest when I just cut them with a knife.


Arrange the colors the best that you can, pop them in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes and you’re done!  



I haven’t figured out a cute packaging yet…but I will probably do my best to imitate this website’s idea

(So far, I've only wrapped them in twine as shown below)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished