Saturday, February 20, 2016

i'm back

I’ve debated about the idea of posting more content on this blog for a while but I decided to come back because it offers me a place to share some of the times I’ve had in my medical school years that aren’t documented anywhere else. I haven’t taken many photos the past year and a half and I don’t enjoy keeping a diary/journal. Documenting small parts of my life here is all that I’ll have to remember this time. 

I have always been creative and spent most of my childhood writing, drawing, painting, or making things. It’s actually another dream of mine to open up a tiny boutique in a medium-sized town. I would spend my entire mornings doing research from blogs, other boutiques, and online stores to find what knick-knacks or home decor or office paper products that people across the country are loving. I’d fill the place with pretty things that would make other people happy just by coming in and looking around. Jake is totally supportive of this idea, however, I find medicine to be more fulfilling but in a different way than a boutique so that’s where I’ll stay. This blog is the creative outlet that I don’t currently have -  a single place for creative finds, happy thoughts, and positive things in my life.

Please keep in mind when reading this blog that social media outlets are a highlight reel of life’s best times. If I shared the negative and stressful things in my life every day that wouldn’t be fun to read. I have to remind myself of this fact when I view others’ social media too, this is only one side of my life so keep that in mind as you form ideas about me through my posts. Fear of judgement is one of the main reasons that kept me from coming back but as long as we are all on the same page that this is only a part of my life - the highlights - then it shouldn't matter.

I’m working to create posts on a scheduled basis so we’ll see if I meet that goal - I noticed I actually didn’t post that often in the past, so my new personal goal is two posts a week. I have saved up a lot of ideas the past six months. 

You can subscribe by e-mail in the “Follow by email” post on the right to not miss a post. As I’ve mentioned before, it’s a third party thing so don’t be shy about it if you want to keep in touch with new posts-  I never find out who subscribes. It’s just a convenience for you. 

To see what else is going on add me on social media, I’d love to see what you guys are up to as well - Let’s be friends!

Instagram: alliebell83
Twitter: alliebell83
Snapchat: ajskid 
Jake loves snapchat too: bakejell33 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished