Monday, March 21, 2016

products for an easy messy hair day

Busy people often find it hard to do their hair every day - I'm sure everyone can relate. This post is not about how to have awesome hair like a beauty queen (although I'm sure these products would help with that too). This post is about how to walk out the door with messy hair that looks a bit more polished. I know whoever sees me around school will know that I don't always have perfect polished messy hair - there are unfortunately too many days I run out of the house forgetting dry shampoo and leaving spots of grease around my hairline - but there are also days where I remember to put in a dime of product and it can change the game (see my photo below).

This past year the Living Proof haircare line has made my mornings so much easier. I have moderately wavy hair that's flat in some places. Don't get me wrong, I would still leave the house with that messy natural hair with no styling or anything, but now that I've started using these products that same messy natural hair looks 10x better (think less frizz and more wavy curls) and adds like 5 seconds to my routine.

Also all of these products smell reeeeeaaally good. It's like I've just come back from the salon after I use each of them - I'm not joking.


The instant texture mist was the first product I bought from the line and the reason why I bought more products. The mist adds volume and lift to your curls and if you don't wash your hair the next day (or even if it's just late afternoon) you can reactivate the spray by scrunching or moving your hair again. Supposedly it has magnetic technology in it that keeps the volume. This spray is set apart from others in my book because unlike hairspray or some other texture sprays - it's non-sticky, non-dirtying, and doesn't make your hair dull. Think of it as creating the perfect beach-y waves without having sticky hairspray in so they are still soft but hold all day! It's also great to use to add volume to a pony tail. 
*The only negative is that you have to remember to clean the spray opening or it gets blocked by the dried product.

I don't have any images of the product in people's hair 
but check out the youtube video below if you want to see it in action.




I use the Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment on wet hair after I wash it. It makes my hair dry faster, and leaves it smooth and wavy. The 5 claims of treatments are : smoothness, volume, conditioning, strength, and polish. I don't know the science behind doing all of these- but it' definitely a noticeable difference when you put it on. Your hair is bouncy and incredibly soft so that was enough for me! The waves are similar to what a gel or mouse would bring - but I'll say it again they are much softer, shinier, and bouncier.

 It's supposed to work best using a blow dryer after working it through your hair but it works for my lazy messy waves look best when I just let my hair air dry after kind of scrunching and brushing the product through (no curling iron or anything). Below are some embarrassing photos of me that show what the product does for me. The photos were after using it and then letting my hair air dry and these were taken after an exam (so it stayed all afternoon). 

You would get more volume if you added the texture mist to it - and you would get a cuter look if you used a curling iron too :) - but that's not a part of this messy lazy hair post. 
(So lazy that I didn't even put on makeup)


The third and final product I've tried from the line was a sample size that I got at the end of the year Ulta giveaway. It's the Restore Mask Treatment. It's a great product, but for me I find it the least useful. The main thing it does for me is make my hair super soft - which the 5 in 1 treatment also does. I've had this tiny sample container for a few months now and use it once a week - it lasts a long time. I think this is mostly for damaged hair, here are the product claims : 
  • Make dry, damaged hair 20x stronger with 95% less breakage, after just 1 use
  • reduce damage by 95%
  • Heal each strand weightlessly, increasing shine and manageability
  • Restore moisture levels to that of healthy, undamaged hair and protect from future damage
If you have really damaged hair it'd be worth asking for a sample at an Ulta or Sephora. I don't heat style or ponytail my hair that much and since repair is the main focus of this product I bet it would work amazing on damaged hair. Comment below if you've tried it!




The Night Cap Overnight Protector was another sample size I received - this time from Sephora for their points program. I haven't tried it yet - you have to sleep in it I think and wash it out in the morning.

If you are looking for an easy way to make that messy natural hair more polished or if you just want to feel like you got back from the salon every day then check these products out! I can't remember the last time I've liked a hair product enough to repurchase, usually I just keep trying new things, but the 5 in 1 Styling Treatment and the Texture Mist will be ones that I do. 

You can purchase these at Sephora, Ulta, the Living proof website or a hair salons. Obviously I'm not sponsored - I just think these products are amazing.  

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished