Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Crunch Time

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Jake and I went to Aurora on Tuesday evening, Loup City and Grand Island on Thursday, and Fairbury on Friday. We didn't do any black Friday shopping. Jake had a alumni basketball tournament in Fairbury on Saturday morning. They won two games and lost one. The game they lost they played with four people...the tournament wasn't very big.

I finished 2/4 of my papers that are due soon. Yesterday I printed a poster for one of my classes at Architecture Hall and after I printed it i realized I had no idea how I was going to carry it through the blowing snow without damaging it. Whoops. Other kids had the same problem, so at least I wasn't the only one. It was supposed to be "cheap" to print there...so I was thinking like $3-5. Good thing Dad gave me a $20 before I left Fairbury so I could print a dang poster that I used once and will throw away...it was $15. Apparently at Kinko's someone tried to print theirs but they said it would be $70. (His poster was a lot nicer than mine though)

Jake's HP laptop died right before break started. He bought another laptop on Sunday night.

Not much else is going on, I've been sick with a headcold and congestion the past couple days. Mucinex D works wonders but I can't take it at night or I stay up all night. It's a 12 hour pill, and the sixth hour is where my insomnia hits in. I woke up with my heart racing and felt like I could run a marathon, I just went and worked on a paper. I thought I'd be tired in the morning, but I took another pill and wasn't tired at all throughout the day! (I guess that's one reason people might take drugs) If anyone needs to pull an allnighter...I'd recommend that pill over coffee. Now don't judge and think I'm sort of junkie now!! I'm perfectly fine and haven't ever pulled an all-nighter anyway!  From what I've read, I don't think everyone that takes it though experiences the insomnia/wakefulness. I guess you could ask a doctor or a pharmacist to be sure!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished