Monday, March 4, 2013

Croc Pot Chicken


Last Sunday, along with the cinnamon roll cake, I made a delicious croc pot chicken recipe using only FOUR ingredients! Mom had made this for us a few weekends ago, and I was anxious to have it again.



Croc Pot Chicken Ingredients: 

2-4 chicken breasts
1 package of cream cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup 
(we made this during the winter storm and took the last can at Hyvee!)
1 package of Italian seasoning (we used Ranch)

+pour over white rice!


Enjoy!

The week began well, and I spent most of my time studying for a Genetics exam once the weekend ended. I've been doing well pacing myself and meeting my MCAT study goals, only 12 more weeks until that exam.

A typical day for me consists of class/workout until 9:30 or 10:00 a.m. and then I find a spot in the Gamma Phi chapter room to study from 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (when supper is served). This happens every. single. day. Some would kill for my schedule, I'm starting to hate it. I love having time to study, and I am never caught not having something to do, but sitting in the same spot all day long every day really takes a toll on a person. I will usually go see Jake after suppertime, but he's tired from his full day of class and work so his only time to study is at night. I tried mixing things up by studying in new locations, but that didn't help. This week I'm going to try bringing my workout into the middle of the day so I will have a better "break" before and after I study. I registered for yoga and pilates at the rec center too, so everyday I can have a 1:00 break and strengthen some muscles and "relax my mind".  I hope it helps!

Jake and I stayed in most of the weekend and studied. We did make it out for dinner Saturday evening with our good friend Lauren A. at Brix and Stone downtown for some yummy pizza and steak! After watching the Oscars a few weekends ago, we also made it our goal to see all of the films up for best movie award. We missed Le Mes, Lincoln, and Argo, but Silverlinings Playbook was in theaters still so Friday we went to that. We went early, at seven, and we had time to sneak into Django at 9:45 too! We knocked out two nominees in one night! 

Silverlinings Playbook was good! Not "best actress" good, but Jennifer Lawrence was funny, and it was emotional at the same time. In case you haven't heard about it, here's the information given out by the movie theater:

Life doesn't always go according to plan. Pat Solitano has lost everything - his house, his job, and his wife. He now finds himself living back with his mother and father after spending eight months in a state institution on a plea bargain. Pat is determined to rebuild his life, remain positive and reunite with his wife, despite the challenging circumstances of their separation. All Pat's parents want is for him to get back on his feet. When Pat meets Tiffany, a mysterious girl with problems of her own, things get complicated. Tiffany offers to help Pat reconnect with his wife, but only if he'll do something very important for her in return. As their deal plays out, an unexpected bond begins to form between them..



Django Unchained was nominated as well. At first Jake wasn't too keen on sitting through another movie, but once I told him it was Western, he was all for it! The movie was three hours long, and was full of a LOT of violence. The movie was both a comedy, and it was sad, but it is mostly meant to be funny I think. The movie takes place before the Civil War, and a bounty hunter frees a slave named Django and treats him real well. The main conflict involves them trying to free Django's slave wife who belongs to a very wealthy slave owner. The violence is mostly gunshots and unrealistic dramatic amounts of blood fountaining from the people, but it wasn't unbearable. The parts Jake and I (and most of the theater) had to look away because it was so intense included slave violence like (spoiler alert) a man shown getting eaten by dogs, two "fighting" slaves forced to fight to the death, and women getting tied to trees and beaten. The movie ends happy though, at least for Django!


*I don't know who "travis hunter" is...i just found the photo on google 

Have a great day, and week! 







No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished