Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Halloween Sugar Cookies


Halloween is a fun time of the year for decorations, baking, and eating candy. I'm not a fan of being scared, but I love seeing kids so excited and dressed up in different costumes! I didn't/won't get the chance to dress up in a costume this year - but that's okay, I have no idea what I would be anyway.

This weekend I enjoyed baking some sugar cookies with powdered sugar royal icing (no merengue powder) You can find both of those recipes here.  Also, for the best colors definitely go with the gel colorings, like those made by Wilton.  They are a thousand times better and can be found in most stores that carry baking items






I tried a new "3D" technique with the icing to make these pumpkins and bats look a little more realistic.

I filled alternating sections, waited 20 minutes, and then filled the other sections.







I think they turned out really nice!






*Stay tuned for something reeeeeally spooky that's in my oven right now! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished