Tuesday, February 4, 2014

cheesy grits jalepeno poppers

Jake and I are big fans of jalapeno poppers, and cheese grits. So when we saw this recipe, we thought we'd try it out with some modifications and take it to the Super Bowl viewing party we were attending. We substituted the red pepper for jalapenos, and used a garlic cheese recipe for the grits. 

They weren't a huge hit at the party, but Jake and I liked them a lot. I think the unexpected "grittiness" texture threw people's taste buds for a loop (#midwesternproblems). 

We used Grandma Skidmore's cheese grit recipe, and baked the jalapenos in the oven. If you try this at home, I'd wrap the jalapenos in bacon. We just forgot to get it at the store when we went.

Don't forget to wear gloves and soak the peppers in water for at least an hour.

 If you don't wear gloves, don't touch your eyes - trust me on that one.













No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished