Sunday, November 23, 2014

surviving biochemistry

My long absence from blogging can be entirely blamed on the biochem exam we had yesterday. 
Here's what I spent my time memorizing. 

biochemistry tips for medical student help

It's harder to study when you think the material is something you can't see and is extremely detailed, don't get me wrong, it's important, I get it, and if it's necessary to help me with helping others, then that's fine. It doesn't change the fact that it's boring to stare at notes and memorize them nonstop for weeks. One more biochem exam and one more ICE exam, and I can relax for a week or two! 


Jake took a CPA exam on Friday, and he was in Chicago this week for business (that sounds so professional), so we've both studied our tails off this week. We basically bummed around yesterday and today we will be running errands and cleaning up the house. We went to see the Hunger Games Mockingjay movie Friday and last night we tried a new chinese restaurant and attempted to catch up with shows on our DVR. 

We also cleaned our retainers in denture solutions for the first time in six years.
how to clean retainer


Oh, and a squirrel or two decided they wanted to live with us and took up residence inside our bedroom wall this weekend. It'd be fine if they didn't decide to make a bunch of noise at all hours of the night and early morning. Just kidding, they are awful roommates and have probably destroyed the insulation and more....I do hope they don't die and rot in there (that would smell so bad). I also have a fear that if our landlords blast the wall and try to get them out that all the spiders that live in the wall (I mean I assume they go back their during the winter), will come crawling out like a disgusting and terrifying movie scene. I'll keep you updated, someone's coming to "look" tomorrow, although there's not much to see...I wonder how they got in there.

And since I don't have much else to share, I'll share with you a snapchat series I've been sharing with my sister and mom the past week while Jake's been gone. It's called #mealsfor1

You may notice that no fruits or veggies were photographed in this series. Let me assure you my snacks DID consist of fruits and veggies. Really! This week it was raspberries, asparagus, peppers, carrots, edamame, and bananas. 


biochemistry medical school tips

The photo is not flattering, but I homemade that guac, used low-carb, high-fiber tortillas and even homemade my enchilada seasoning and added veggies to it, it was delicious!)


biochemistry medical school tips



Chicken parmesan on baguettes

biochemistry medical school tips


leftovers


biochemistry medical school tips


Red and black pepper, parmesan, olive oil, basil, and oregano pasta and a baguette. 
Basically I just ate carbs that night.


biochemistry medical school tips



Speaking of carbs...same idea, more seasonings, add chicken and sun-dried tomatoes, and more parmesan (can you ever have too much of that stuff?).
Confession - that was a meal for 2...and we had leftovers.
Recipe found here . (Once again, my photo looks nothing like the recipe photos)



biochemistry medical school tips



And...this one was lunch the day before the exam so don't judge. It's called "nachos with Tostitos cheese" even though I'm aware it looks like cheesy cereal.
I learned this in junior high at FHS, and it's stayed with me ever since. The important stuff you learn in junior high really will stay with you for life.



biochemistry medical school tips





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished