Tuesday, July 7, 2015

june favorites


1. Q and A a Day for Couples

Q and A a day for couples review


Jake and I started this journal last month and it's been fun so far to learn more about each other. We answer one question a day such as "Which of your partner's friends would you like to get to know better?", "What's one habit you'd like to break--for your partner's sake?", and "What's the most spontaneous thing you've done this week?". 

I've seen this book at Anthropologie, Barnes and Noble, and Amazon if you want to check it out. They also have a version for a single person and for kids.

2. Vacation Bible School



Jake and I volunteered at our church's VBS as group leaders for a week this month. We had a fun time getting to know these kids and helping them learn about God's love! We also enjoyed getting to know some more of the adult members. The VBS was organized well, and had so many educational activities for kids. We had a really great experience! 

3. Real Housewives of Orange County

Real Housewives of OC review
(photo from here)


I've been catching up on the women of RHOC this summer and I am completely intrigued with this show and every character. I realize how reality TV works and I understand that not every dramatic situation arises naturally. I believe their reactions are real when confronted with certain problems or mean friends (or producers who tell friends to be mean). 

Last night I teared up watching Vicki completely lose it in sadness when she found out her Mom died while Vicki was at a Bunco party. 

 Heather is my favorite for anyone who also follows the show. :-)  


4. Bite High Pigment Pencil  in Honey Berry

Bite High Pigment Lip Pencil Honey Berry review

I have raved about these pigment pencils before. They are creamy, won't sink into crevices so your lips won't look wrinkly and dry, very pigmented, and not too shiny. I wear my Chablis (soft rose) color all the time (seen in this post). This color is a medium tinted nude called "Honey Berry" which is also described as a "toasted almond" color. I can wear this color every day, and although it looks brown, it's not too dark at all.

If you are looking for a new lip color, I can't recommend these enough. I like them better then Bite's Matte Creme Lip Crayon - from the free samples I've tried, I found those much more drying. 

5. Periscope



This app is awesome. I can follow famous people (or normal people) and talk to them LIVE! Yesterday I talked to a world-famous dermatologist I follow on Twitter/Instagram (@drpimplepopper) and she answered five of my questions! I've also had Heather Dubrow and Gretchen Rossi (Real Housewives OC) acknowledge my questions and comments and it's so fun to see what these people are up to. I don't follow that many people and usually only get notified twice a week, but if I'm free I always open the app and see what these people are up too. You can watch people live from all over the world at sporting events, cooking in their kitchen, concerts, anything!


6. Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished