Monday, March 7, 2016

chicken vegetable stir-fry


Since I can't eat most Chinese foods from the sesame (sesame oil too) and nut allergy and the cross contamination between pots and pans in their restaurants, I've been searching for some good homemade recipes with an Asian twist.  This version that we've adapted from The PioneerWoman Cooks is excellent! The sauce is tangy and delicious and you almost feel like you are eating a Mongolian restaurant stir-fry. It's mildly spicy, a little sweet, and full of garlic and ginger!

We add chicken and serve it over noodles. We also leave out the peanut oil, sesame seeds, broccoli, and corn, but I'm sure it would taste even better with those all in it. We added jalepeno in this batch but I do NOT recommend this, because the sauce itself is sort of spicy and adding jalepeno just pushes it over the top. 


Jake always does the sauce, and I do the rest.




















No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished