Monday, April 4, 2016

day in the life: second year med student

Second year of medical school is almost over, and I wanted to share another day in the life post to remember what's it like. (You can see my first-year med student post here <- that one has photos.) 

Something important to keep in mind is that my schedule certainly doesn't represent everyone in my class!  One important thing I've learned by being around such great people is that we all study differently, and our memories all work differently (for example, I have to put a few more hours in studying to remember as much as so and so does) . I've also started making time this semester for some board prep to get me started recalling the info I've learned this year and last.


6:30 a.m. Wake up and get ready
6:50 a.m. Leave the house to get a good parking spot at school (so I don't have to walk far haha)
7:15 a.m. Review flashcards 
8:00 a.m. Small group - or class - or whatever I had to do at school
10:00 a.m. - 12:00p.m. Do board review questions
12:00 - 12:30p.m. Lunch Break
12:30 p.m. - 4:00p.m. Listen to the morning's class material and make flashcards
4:00 - 5:00 Piyo workout and shower
5:00 - 7:00 Review Class Material, or watch SketchyMicro if I'm tired of studying
7:00 - 9:00 Jake's home, dinner, TV time
9:00 - 10:30 Review Flashcards (for review of boards or for class) since Jake's working anyway 
10:30 - 12:00 Read, Sleep

See a complete review of my entire year as a first year med student here.






No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished