Thursday, April 14, 2016

spaghetti carbonara



I first heard of this dish from my anatomy partner last year while we were dissecting and anxiously awaiting lunch. I immediately went home and tried it. I loved it, but had forgotten about it until recently when I saw a recipe on pinterest, I tweaked and combined a few recipes and here's what's left. If you are ready to load up on carbs, keep reading. 

You'll need: Bacon, garlic, red pepper flakes, spaghetti noodles, parmesan cheese, two eggs
Optional: Grilled chicken , peas (I didn't use peas)

1. Start cooking spaghetti noodles 
You want them hot when you add them to the next pan.
We used 1/3 of the box for 2 people, it will give you leftovers, but if you want to add more just add some milk in at the end to thicken the sauce.

2. When the noodles are half done, begin cooking sliced up bacon (however much you want)



3. Add 3-5 cloves of minced garlic to bacon, and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes in. If you want it less spicy just sprinkle a little in for flavor.  Cook this for about one minute on medium or medium/low heat. 




4. While that's all cooking thoroughly beat the 2 eggs and 1 cup of parmesan cheese together in a bowl.




5. Add hot spaghetti to bacon, garlic, red pepper mixture and coat the noodles.



6. Add egg and parmesan mixture to spaghetti and bacon pan. Take it off the heat so the eggs don't scramble or fry. Stir rapidly to cook egg with hot ingredients and melt cheese. 

< I also added a little milk and put the pan back on low heat to thicken the sauce a little after I did step 6 >>



7. We added some leftover chicken too,  but if you make this fresh season it up with Italian seasonings! 






No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished