Sunday, August 7, 2016

June/July Favorites

1. Sound Machine


We bought this machine when we moved downtown and it's been a life saver. We were used to no noise from neighbors and then we had a quiet park in the background and we were only woken up by the occasional hawk or owl. Our current hallway is not "loud" but the old building's air conditioner makes random clicks and noises that wasn't easy to fall asleep too and we would also wake up in the middle of the night to it. 

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and saw this model labeled as the #1 selling white noise machine in the United States and it had a huge sign that said "the official noise machine of the National Sleep Foundation". It was also the only one that had a little miniature fan in it instead of a speaker that played "white noise." 

Since we were unsure if we'd like the noise machine anyway I thought this one would be a good pick to try. We love it. We fell asleep immediately. The volume is adjustable, and it's the perfect fan/air sound. Whenever we flip the switch on we BOTH start to get dizzy and trance-like. We have been conditioned and since it's easily portable I'm a huge fan. My future home will have one of these in every bedroom. This model claims to drown out multiple specific noises, check out their website here for more info. 


2. How I Met Your Mother


I waited to watch this show for so long because I knew it wouldn't live up to Friends. It doesn't live up to Friends, but once you get over that, it's a funny show. This has been our go-to comedy sitcom the past month and we've really liked it!

3. 100.7 The Fish Radio Station
I listened to this radio station every day on my one hour commutes to Lincoln last month for school. I loved talking to God each day and feeling relaxed, happy, and motivated to live in the moment and trust His plan. I made this my permanent car radio station and my stress level has gone way, way down. 

4. USMLE Step 1 Finished
Scores are back, everything went great! It's such a relief to be done with this exam! I still don't know what kind of doctor I want to be, but I'm finding out more of what I like and don't care as much for as time goes by during these rotations. I love learning at each location but, I've also found I enjoy critical care situations and hospital encounters more than clinic encounters. (this wasn't what I expected before I took Step 1...so I don't really know what I want to be yet, need to explore more) Who knows, all of this could change again too haha.

6. Dr. Scholl's Flats

Mom and Dad gave me these shoes for my birthday this year to have a comfortable shoe to stand in all day while I'm in the hospitals and clinics. I'm not used to standing all day, but with these shoes I haven't even noticed a "break in period" or had any discomfort in my feet from standing for long periods of time. I love them, I don't know how long it will take me to wear them out but so far so good!! I have this pair in black and this pair in nude (bonus: they are on sale right now I see). 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished