Sunday, July 31, 2016

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks

The Nordstrom Anniversary sale is so cool, this upcoming season's merchandise is temporarily reduced in price for a few weeks and then it goes back up to full retail price after the sale is over.

Bloggers have been going crazy the past couple weeks posting photos of how they styled some of the sale looks, which means many of the most popular items have been out of stock, or out of stock in the size you might want.  

Nordstrom is also great because you get free shipping and free returns (postage sticker included with your order for the return)! I ended up sending a few things back and the process was quick and easy! 

Here are some of my favorites, I purchased a few of these but the rest I found were just favorites from researching and seeing them on others!




One  :  When I saw this I thought it would be perfect for under my white coat and also great without a white coat :) The shirt feels luxurious and it's very flattering on! I was pleasantly suprised that it's longer in the back too and covers some of your hiney! 

Two  : These BP plaid shirts have been extremely popular and everyone seems to think they have exceeded expectations as far as quality goes. I loved the green/black one (no longer available) but this black one is cute too. This shirt also is long enough in the back to cover your butt! 

Three  :  Last fall I bought a jacket similar to the one pictured in my collage, and I wear it all the time.  This camo jacket would be really cute too. (I would wear that camo jacket all the time too if I didn't have to dress up every day)

Four   :  This item was a hot item for the sale. I think the oatmeal color would look great with leggings!

Five  :  I knew I wasn't going to order this shirt because I have a lot of striped shirts but if you are looking for a reasonably priced, nice quality, striped shirt that is long in length on the back then go order this!

Six   :  This fall dress was very popular on instagram this year. This summer I didn't jump on board with the lace-up tops because I had no where to wear any of it, but the lace-up top is transitioning into fall with sweaters and dresses and this dress looks like a cute way to wear it from what I've seen from others! (I didn't order it, just saw it appear multiple times and thought it was cute) 

Seven  :  This flowy top is perfect under a blazer (or white coat in my case)! Very flattering and the back of it has a nice slit with layers too, I'm sure I'll wear this every week this year.

Eight  : These were my picks for leggings in black if you needed a new pair. I've read the reviews and they seem to be a great price for how thick they are! I've always loved the "moto" details in leggings like these. 

Nine  :  I picked this shirt last year during the sale and it's very flowy and just looks very nice on. Unfortunately, my white one is pretty see-through (It's thin, silky material) so I have to wear an undershirt. I bet the darker colors aren't as bad. 



Ten:   This scarf is my pick of the selection this year, but they had some really really cute ones that sold out right away (of course). 





One  :  Unfortunately this item is back ordered during the sale, but who knows it may come back! Love that old adidas logo. Here's a tank on the sale in the same logo but it's out of stock right now too.

Two  (more colors here) :  I've heard about the Patagonia Snap T pullovers for years but never wanted to spend that much on a pullover. When it went on sale (and the promise of free returns) I went ahead and ordered it to see what it was like (since we don't have a Patagonia store in Nebraska). Yeah...it's not going back to the store, loving this one. If you are ever looking for me in the late fall or winter I'll  be wearing this.   (get a size larger if you have a long torso, you'll want some extra length)

Three  :  These Adidas Superstar sneakers are all over my instagram and were one of the most popular things I saw people purchasing from the anniversary sale. 



I didn't buy any of the beauty picks from above, but I wanted to go ahead and list them because they still would be my "Picks" from the sale.

The T3 featherweight 2 hairdryer  I do own, but in black, and it's on this sale at a great price if you've had your eye on a nice hairdryer. My prior hairdresser recommended it a long time ago, and I should have taken her advice sooner (she was a hair God) .... But anyway, it's extremely lightweight and uses ionized technology to dry and seal your hair (whatever that means). Through a few studies it's been "proven" to be healthier for your hair than just letting it air dry. I haven't read the studies but I can say that I love this hair dryer! It makes for a fast morning! I hadn't bought a hairdryer since 8th grade, and so this was a dramatic change in how amazing and smooth my hair looked! 

I usually wash and blow out my hair 1-2x per week and just add dry shampoo and some touch up flat iron or curling iron every morning in between.


Burberry Beauty Set I know that three of the six things in this set are amazing and I use them every day. The full size Pale Barley eyeshadow is an every day eyeshadow, the full size Fresh Glow Pen I also use every day and I use the Luminous Fluid Base almost every day. I described the Luminous Fluid Base (mix with foundation) and the Pale Barley in this blog post with pictures! 

The Fresh Glow Pen is a dewy highlighter (NO glitter, just a light attractant, it's hard to describe but it looks way more natural than the glitter highlighters).   This kit also comes with a full size tube of universally flattering lipstick, a perfume sample, and a cute makeup bag. I didn't order it, but I know from using the products if you want to test them out this is a great kit!

YSL Beauty Set . If you've been wanting to test out a YSL lipstick and/or that highly pigmented gloss then this is a good deal. I still think it's a little pricy but I've seen those colors in person and if you have zero nude lipsticks or want a nice set then this is a good bet. 

These Lace Up Shoes are very cute. I didn't order them because I'm not sure how comfortable they are since I stand up all day every day, but if I had a desk job I would order them in the blush color! I've seen them so often on others that I know they would be great with so many outfits.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished