Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Homecoming!

Homecoming week is the same as every year, busy, crazy, and fun!
The theme is "Once Upon A Homecoming"

Gamma Phi is partnered with Phi Delt and Theta Chi. Phi Delt usually wins, or comes close, and we set new requirements for our chapter's participation so we should do pretty well this year!

Monday our house mom arranged a cookout picnic at The Wick Center with Phi Delt to kick off the week, and after meeting we headed over to the coliseum for the annual "Monday Night Live". It's a version of Saturday Night Live...sort of. It's not as good, but it's still fun. Our group got third place.

We received 1st place in the banner contest and Phi Delt got third. Here's a photo of our banner. The design is courtesy of yours truly. But all I had to do is google "Once Upon A Homecoming" to find a version done by OU. Fortunately, no one else googled it, and ours looks the best by far! I can't take credit for the painting, my roommate Annie did the work!! She did a great job!




Tuesday night I volunteered at the Huskers Against Hunger event at Pershing. In one night I helped package 110,000 meals for kids in need! The goal for this week is to package 1 million meals total, and 100,000 will stay in Lincoln. The meals included a layer of chicken flavoring (powder...like the kind in Ramen noodles except this powder had multiple vitamins and minerals), dry vegetables, soy powder, and then rice. I worked the rice section. Many people had to leave because they were puking, I had to take two breaks. The smell of the chicken powder was sickening after a while. But it was a good time! Today I'm volunteering at the blood drive, that should go better.

Tonight is the Gloriana concert on East Campus, but there's also a "MAZE" show. I can't describe what that is...like hypnotism and magic mixed together. It's at the Rococo. I'm not sure what I'll end up doing yet.

Last night Jake took me out to Vincenzo's down town. (It's my favorite restaurant) Since tonight I have lab that runs late, and we'd like to go to one of the shows, he surprised me last night! Six years ago today he asked me out in the hallway at college and career day, and I said "I guess." I'm so glad, because I'm a lucky person to have him in my life.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of this chilly day! I'm going to go study the parts of a sheep brain before my quiz tonight. 


AS

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished