Sunday, December 1, 2013

Turkey Day

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving, we all have a lot to be thankful for!

 Even while I sat over the toilet every fifteen minutes moaning in pain due to stomach cramps thanks to the stomach flu on Thanksgiving day, I still found that I had a lot to be thankful for. (I also have been trying to lose a pesky five pounds that crept up on me the last few weeks....now that I'm feeling better I can't say I'm disappointed that I just so happened to lose all of that weight over break) Unfortunately Jake isn't feeling that well today, so hopefully he doesn't come down with the flu as bad as I had it. He deserves another shout out for staying home with me on Thanksgiving to help me in my flu disaster-mode. I had not been that sick in a while, I'm glad it was only 24 hours. Thanks Jake! 

We went to Aurora Tuesday night, and then Fairbury Friday afternoon. Mom and Dad are the best parents ever and cooked Jake and I a delicious Thanksgiving meal Saturday night with Grandma and Anna too! My cousins Brick and Brick were in town this weekend too, so we were so happy to see them Friday night and spend some time with Aunt Janice and Mickey's family.

 Jake played in the Fairbury Alumni Basketball Tournament Saturday and they lost all three games, but he had a fun time playing and catching up with some friends. Andrew was confirmed today so we drove to Aurora this morning to be with him for that exciting time. 

When we made it back to Lincoln tonight, we immediately fell asleep for a few hours, grabbed supper, bought groceries and gas, and now Jake is finishing some homework and I'm about to start the laundry. 

I've been working on some Christmas decorations for this little apartment, and hopefully I will get to make some Christmas cookies this week too! Can't wait to share them with you, I'll write back soon I promise!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished