Sunday, March 23, 2014

diy navy and gold art

Last week I had the sudden urge to visit Hobby Lobby and find some tools to help me make some paintings to decorate my apartment (and future apartment). 

I saw the idea of this painting on pinterest and am very happy with how it turned out. It's very, very simple.



I painted the canvas with three coats of navy paint.


Then I began making random gold brush strokes, I added a second coat of gold, and then I was done. The hardest thing about this was trying not to "fix" it too much. I kept wanting to touch it up especially where it meets the blue but it's better if you don't.



The lighting in my apartment is awful, and the gold doesn't shine perfectly in this image, but I'm happy with how this turned out. I guess you'll have to come over and see it to get the full impact!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished