Friday, May 8, 2015

march and april glossybox review

MARCH BOX



1. Orogold Cosmetics 24K Multi-vitamin daily moisturizer (full size 1.7 oz is $180):

They included two samples of this, and I'm sure everyone fell in love with it. It's everything you love in a moisturizer, I would purchase a full size....but the full size is $180 for 1.7 oz and so I'll have to pass. In addition to the antioxidants in this product, Gold is also an ingredient.

2. Modelco Eyebrow Thickening Gel (full size included in the box)

I've never used this type of product, but I will continue to use an eyebrow mouse from this point on. This specific brand of product can be kind of clumpy, but most of the time it works well to really accent the eyebrows and frame your entire face. I've read great reviews from other blogs and magazines about products to get the same effects from this , this , this  , and this. Maybe I'll try one of those sometime this year when this one runs out. (Let me know if you try any of those out!)

3.  Bellapierre Cosmetics Cheek and Lip Stain (full size included the box)

This product is bad. It's dry, it doesn't blend,  the color is super bright pink, and it's weakly pigmented. 

To show you what I mean here's a comparison to a very good product that works so much better.

  • The product on the top of the image is Stilla's Convertible Color lip and cheek cream in Lillium (there are many other colors though). You can see in the first image how much more moisture Stilla's has in it, after I rubbed my finger in both of them...the other one didn't budge much.
  • Although they aren't the same color, the second image shows how much more pigment is in the Stilla product and how the other is hard to blend in the crevices of a person's skin. It might seem weird to want the more pigmented product for a blush, but it's easier to blend out along the cheek if it's creamy and isn't "stuck" on your skin. 

  • BTW the Stilla cheek and lip stain is so good for summer! 

4. So Susan Concealer Quad (full size)

This product is awful too. Very, very, dry (so it's hard to blend in), and I can't use all four of those colors even if it was possible to apply it decently.

5. Nexus Color Assure shampoo (full size)
Haven't used this yet because I'm very picky with shampoos, but I'm sure I'll use it eventually. It's a new product from Nexxus.


APRIL BOX




1. Julep Gel Eye Glider (full size - in plum)
Like this eye liner a lot. It goes on smoothly and lasts a long time without smudging. I don't have a dark purple eyeliner (you can't really tell it's purple) so it's a fun addition.

2. Estee Lauder Dark Spot Correcting Night Serum (we got 1/4 of the full size in the sample)
All of the serums I use a few times a week are from sample sizes that I've acquired, and this is a nice addition. 

I didn't realize this product was as expensive as it is until I linked it up for the blog. It's not my favorite scent but it seems like it should be for laundry or for a pillow? I don't know, it's very light and floral and fresh, but if you use too much it's incredibly strong. I wouldn't recommend this as a favorite perfume, but it's ok. 

Very pigmented, "tar" consistency (extremely sticky), but it is hard to rub off so it would last a long time. Supposedly it's all natural oils, and vitamins with no parabens etc. I wouldn't recommend this, there are better lip glosses that exist.

I'm glad they put this product in this box. It's argan and hemp oils for your hair, and although it doesn't smell as great as Morrocan oil, it has a fresh scent to it and works good. 

There was also a giftcard to an online store included in this box.


If you made it to the end of this looooooong post, then you are great, thanks for reading! Check out February's Glossybox review here.



1 comment :

  1. Very, very, dry (so it's hard to blend in), and I can't use all four of those colors even if it was possible to apply it decently.check my site

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished