Tuesday, July 5, 2016

day in the life: Step 1 studying

To continue with the "Day in the Life" series, here's how I spent the last month studying for Step 1. I'm so glad to be in the clinics this year and away from my desk! To some of you this won't mea

7:00 a.m.  Wake up and catch up on social media


7:30 a.m. : Firecracker Questions, then review schedule for the day (this planner)




8:30 a.m.  : USMLE World Question Set (40 questions) and review


(didn't want UWorld to sue me...so it had to be blurry)


10:00 a.m.   :  Read through <subject(s) of the day> in First Aid


12:00 p.m.   : Lunch and watch SketchyMicro or Pharm videos


12:45 p.m.  :  USMLE World Set (40 questions) and review, then break if any time
2:30 p.m.   : Finish reading about the subject of the day, read Pathoma and watch videos


4:00 p.m.   : Firecracker Questions, maybe workout
5:30 p.m.  -  7:00 p.m.  : Talk to Jake, cook dinner, watch a TV show
7:00 p.m. - Bedtime : Review the day material, do questions, review UWorld Journal
10:30 p.m. : Peek at tomorrow's schedule, check social media, and then sleep






2 comments :

  1. Thanks for sharing! I was wondering during your Uworld time ... are you doing the same question bank twice in one day? Also, are you doing random questions or are they in the same subject. Also, how did you keep up with this schedule and your class lecture schedule? Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, thanks for visiting! My school has dedicated time to prepare for Step1 where we have no class lectures. We have 6 weeks off and I used 5 weeks to prepare for Step1 where I just did schedules similar to the one in this post. During my Uworld time I always did random questions and yes they were the same question bank 2x a day 40 questions each but they were different questions each time. You'll find differing opinions about doing the questions in Random mode but I agree with those that say it's important for Uworld questions to always be replicating exam situations, so random is the most ideal (even if I haven't specifically reviewed a topic I see on random, that's okay because I write down a few sentences of why I missed each question on a notebook so I'll remember it later). At the end of the night I would do Firecracker questions on my phone or ipad and that question bank I had been using all year long, those questions are straightforward and not as complex as Uworld, but they help you nail down concepts you need to memorize. Good luck to you!

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished