Monday, May 26, 2014

the last weekend before summer

There are a lot of things I like about Omaha so far:

1) Target, Hobby Lobby, Home Depot, the library, groceries, movie theater, a mall, and more are all minutes away. (In contrast to Lincoln where everything is like "about 20 minutes away")

This brings me to my next point,

2) You can get across town pretty fast. Thanks to the wonderful and confusing interstate systems that Siri always gets mixed up on. (She doesn't like the forks and branches of the interstates and major highways ,  she can't tell which one I'm on)

3) Our neighborhood is very nice and home-y. 

4) So many restuarants. I cant wait to check them all out! Jake and I will have to slowly work on this list from Omaha Magazine.  

Things I'm not so fond of:

1) No one says hi in my neighborhood, and when I do I feel like a dork.

2) There's no O Street within walking distance of your friends' houses. 

3) Being on the wrong side of the interstate branch  in one of those places where the interstate branches and now you are completely clueless on what to do.

4) So many people, so many cars, so many lanes. 


My small town me, which has just grown accustomed to the "big city life" of Lincoln (even though it's just an extra large small town I'm realizing), is very intimidated by all of this in the "real" city. 

I do understand that in the grand scheme of things, Omaha is not a "ginormous city," it's a safe, small city when compared to NYC or Chicago. I know there's a lot that Omaha has to offer, and I really am glad that Jake and I have the opportunity to live here for a while. 

We've already taken advantage of one of the great things Omaha offers: 
The Big Ten Championship Baseball Game at TD Ameritrade Park!






It was all super fun until the lightning and the rain came, and we went on a weather delay. Luckily our seats were under the overhang so we didn't get wet! 




I've also used this 3-day weekend to plant some succulents and Jake and I's favorite herbs! 
I added a touch of gold paint to the Terra Cotta pots, I love how they turned out.
The cool green and blue succulent planters I used are found at Target!

(Hopefully I can keep these all alive)



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished