Friday, May 27, 2016

may favorites

1. Wilde Bandit Shorts by One Teaspoon


I have worn these shorts at least three times a week this month. I saw them on just about everyone's blogs and on Kourtney Kardashian, and when Shopbop had them on sale for 40 or 50% off I ordered them immediately. I was worried about the length being too short (like in some photos of their super skinny models) but I figured I could take them back if I hated them. I also ordered a size up for extra length and so that they would fit in a "baggy" or "boyfriend" or "relaxed" way. They unroll if you want them longer.

They are shorter on the sides, but they completely cover the butt cheeks. I thought I was so risque walking around Florida (I wore them here or here) and then I realized that most people's shorts showed more skin and were super tight around them. I was dressed modest in comparison. They were perfect. 

2. Mashed Potatoes

I could never get a good picture of my mashed potatoes, so here's a link to a good recipe.
I had my wisdom teeth out 11 days ago, and instead of listing hydrocodone as a favorite (it definitely was a favorite), I went with mashed potatoes. I went through two bags of potatoes in 1.5 weeks. A good carb meal for me when I wasn't eating much at all. 

3. YSL Rouge Volupte in Nude Beige

I have been on the search for a good nude ever since I had to throw out my Bite High Pigment Pencil in Honeyberry-Toasted Almond (allergies), I highly recommend those pencils though (full range here). Anyway, Nordstrom was price matching and I saw a good price so I tried it. 



The YSL Nude Beige is a cult favorite. It settles well immediately on most lips, mine are wrinkly so it sinks into the crevices at first but if you give it a few minutes it evens itself out. It goes on "pink" but then after a few minutes it turns nude. This is the most buttery lip formula (I mean it feels like you are putting room-temp butter on your lips), it's very moisturizing and smells like mango. 

This blows all other lipsticks I've tried away in terms of moisture factor and high pigment. The lasting power is there as well (not 8hr high power, but still good for a few hours even after eating/drinking). The packaging is also amazing - it's really heavy and large. 

4. Granola Bars


I feel guilty listing this as a favorite for the month since I devoted a whole post to it on Monday. I won't lie though, we've made bars this month so much we are getting better with each batch. They are certainly a favorite of the month.

 (Jake even made some last night, I thought they were for himself but he wanted to take them to work!)

5. Study Materials

I loved using this giant Post-It paper that I was given to me by a teacher to study for my final exam, and First Aid and Pathoma are my favorites this month too as I prepare for the first boards exam. 


Have a great weekend, hopefully I'll get started on some art projects for our new apartment! If you want more favorites you can check out my April or March favorites.





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished