Sunday, October 12, 2014

october favorites

*Real quick I wanted to mention, since I'm not consistent with my posts, if you do enjoy keeping up, you can follow this blog by e-mail to be notified when new posts are up (don't worry, it doesn't let me see who or even how many people follow by e-mail - so don't be shy). 
The link for "follow by e-mail" is visible on the right side of the page under the about me paragraph. 

1. Last weekend I was lucky enough to catch up with Christine over a pumpkin latte at The Mill and a Cookie Company cookie. It was a great study break, and I was also reminded of how much I miss Lincoln. 


2. While studying for Living Anatomy at the Phi Chi medical fraternity house, I was in awe at the amazing details all over this old home! 


3. This morning I was sad thinking of all of the fun fall activities I probably wouldn't be able to do (thanks pinterest) like I usually do because I have four tests in a row in the upcoming weeks. Past october projects viewed here, here, here, and here. I still decided I should at least enjoy the fall scents. I went to the mall to Bath and Body Work's sale (in honor of my least favorite holiday - refer to this post for more about that ) and accidentally came home with a scent we already had :) . I'm excited to burn this flannel one though! 



4. Last week Jake and I went to Gone Girl, if you haven't read this book yet, I insist that you do. It's a quick read , I read it in less than 24 hours last fall and my lab partner stayed up all night one night last week reading it all. In fact, I was so intrigued when reading it, after every chapter I would tell Jake what happened because it was that good. It's an action-packed page-turner, and the movie is just as thrilling (even if you know what happens!) . 



5. I just downloaded a new free photo app called VSCO cam, and I'm sure many others have it already (it's not "new") but it's amazing! The filters are way better than instagram, you can blur and focus images before you take the picture, it adjusts the light to where you choose your target to be, and you can save the images to your phone and then upload them to twitter/insta/facebook whatever. I was messing around with it last night because I knew I wanted to get this blog post up soon, and so don't judge the awkward selfies please. The point is, this app is pretty neat. (When I uploaded the pics through the collage website I used it decreased the quality, so ignore that - VSCO cam has "good" quality - same as iphone)

using vscocam
(^ Drama up there)


6. This week we've had to draw lungs, pleura, heart, and digestive organs on our living anatomy partners. Luckily for me, I've had a cooperative husband who lets me practice this for the exam on Friday. This is a "favorite" one of my drawings. 

Let's see if you can name the organs - the pancreas might trip you up since I drew it as a rectangle...so I'll give you that one ;) . 


medical school living anatomy

7. Last but not least, another set of "selfies". I really wanted to share this new lip product though, and the image of the tubes make the colors all look the same so I figured I'd take some pictures of what they actually look like on a person. These are the NYX soft matte lip cream, and if you're looking for a reasonably priced product that stays on, goes on smoothly, and has great color selection, this is a great choice. 

They are sold at many drug stores, I got mine at Ulta, but I also saw a few colors at Target the other day. The Stockholm is a great fall color - it's like a dusty rose , the Antwerp is a mix of coral and pink, and the Tokyo is a soft light pink. 


NYX matte lip cream review
NYX matte lip cream review

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished